Theme – Trust the Signs – Ask R U OK?
1. T&Cs – By entering this Competition you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions and acknowledge that failure to comply with them may result in disqualification
2. Entrants – This Competition is open to any student attending either a Middle or Secondary School in Greater Shanghai. ELG and Lifeline China will only accept 1 (one) entry per entrant. Multiple or incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
3. Dates – Entries will be accepted until Wednesday, May 13, 2020 (‘closing date’). The winning entrant and people’s choice award will be announced on R U OK? Day Saturday, May 23, 2020. The name & school of the winning entrants will be announced and printed in ELG and Lifeline China’s social media channels.
4. Categories & Prizes – There will be two separate categories – (a) High School & Middle School with a winner in each category. (b) There will also be a People’s Choice Award.
5. Copyright / Ownership – ELG shares ownership with Lifeline China to the full rights for all the works submitted for future public communications, such as in print media and other collaterals.
6. Entry Specifications – Entrants are advised to retain a copy of entries as ELG and Lifeline China will be unable to return any submitted entry. Each entry must: (a) Be an original piece of work in response to the theme of “Trust the Signs – Ask R U OK?” of which the entrant is the author/creator which has not been previously professionally or commercially published and is not in breach of any third party right; (b) Submitted to ELG’s Puxi Campus No 19-20, Lane 209, Zhen Nan Road, Putuo District, Shanghai, China 200333 or electronically to email@example.com; (c) Not contain connotations of violence, racism, discrimination, be sexual in its nature, or allude to a negative representation of mental health or those who experience mental health problems; (d) Prove you have permission of any third parties included in your entry.
6.1 Entries will also be accepted electronically via firstname.lastname@example.org;
6.2 Due to the volume of entries, only entries selected as finalists will receive a confirmation via email.
6.3 Any entries that are incomplete, illegible or indecipherable will not be valid and shall be deemed void.
7. Unacceptable Entries – Entries received after the closing date and/or which are not in accordance with the entry requirements set out at clause 6 will not be accepted.
8. Warranties – By submitting an entry, you warrant to Lifeline China and ELG that your entry is original to you, does not infringe copyright or any other intellectual property right and does not defame or invade the privacy rights of any third party, or infringe any other legal rights, regulations or laws.
9. Events – If events occur which render the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of ELG and Lifeline China, either organization may, at its absolute discretion, vary, amend, suspend or withdraw the prizes or amend these Terms and Conditions with or without notice.
10. Judges – The Competition will be judged on the artistic style, quality, imagination of the artwork and interpretation of the theme. The judges’ decisions will be final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to their decisions or the competition.
11. Data – Personal details will only be retained and used by ELG and Lifeline China for the purposes of this Competition and will be deleted thereafter. Personal details will not be passed on to third parties.
12. The result of the Competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Prize is non-transferable and non-refundable.