We’re always happy to answer any questions you may have, but we know that it’s also useful to have a wealth of wider resources and additional reading readily available.
Educational and Parenting Resources
Learning Disabilities Online – an extensive online guide giving information and advice about teaching children with learning disabilities and ADHD, including instructional strategies and teaching solutions.
Understood – Providing support and information to parents and families of children with learning difficulties, their resources include access to a secure online community and expert advice, as well as practical parenting tips.
Shanghai Anglo Information – An online expat community providing helpful information on healthcare resources and procedures in Shanghai, as well as general information, such as things to do and places to see.
Community Center Shanghai – With 3 locations in the city, they organize a wide range of activities and events including bazaars, classes, seminars, and language services.
Walk In My Shoes (WIMS) – A parent-to-parent support group held in the Community Centre here in Shanghai, focusing specifically on finding solutions to parenting and other concerns related to special needs. They meet on the first Friday of every month and welcome newcomers.
Shanghai Expat & Kid’s Club – a very extensive online community resource collection for expats here in Shanghai, which includes information on health, education and emergency contacts whilst also organizing Shanghai Family events such as Kid’s Club.
- Autism False Prophets by P. A. Offit
- Autism Spectrum Disorders by C. Sicile-Kira
- Driven to Distraction by E. M. Hallowell and J.J. Ratey
- Get Out of My Life: Parents Guide to the New Teenager by A. E. Wolf
- Light Up Your Child’s Mind by J. Renzulli and S. Reis with A. Thompson
- My Little Red Book by R. K. Nalebuff
- Parenting with Love and Logic – Cline and Fay
- Parenting Teens with Love and Logic – Cline and Fay
- Parenting is a Contact Sport by Stern
- Raising Cain: Protecting the Emotional Life of Boys by D. Kindlon and M. Thompson
- Raising Your Spirited Child by M.S. Kureinka
- SOS – Help for Emotions: Managing Anxiety, Anger and Depression by L. Clark
- The Out-of-Sync Child by C. S. Kranowitz
- The Highly Sensitive Child by E. N. Aron
- Ten Things Every Child With Autism Wishes You Knew by E. Notbohm
- What to Do When You Worry Too Much by D. Huebner
- 1-2-3 Magic: Effective Discipline for Children by T. W. Phelan