Looking for fun ways to keep your children entertained this summer? Try some of our Summer Program activities at home!
Dance is a highly physical activity, which when practiced regularly, can lead to significant improvements in overall physical health. The benefits also extend to increased coordination and awareness, greater self-confidence and the opportunity to practice social skills through group dancing.
The tissue dance is an upbeat and engaging activity that can be enjoyed by children and adults of all ages. It’s a great chance for you to share your favorite tunes with your kids and show off those groovy moves!
How To Play
- First, have everyone place a tissue on their head.
- Next, start the music and begin dancing.
- Careful not to let the tissue touch the ground! If the tissue starts to fall, encourage your children to catch it and put it back on their heads.
- The last one with a tissue on their head is the winner!
What Can I Teach My Child?
- Fine Motor Skills: Encourage your child to use a pincer grip (thumb and forefinger) to pick up their tissue. This helps to develop strong fine motor skills needed for writing, cutting and eating.
- Body and Spatial Awareness: Use music with fast and slow beats to stimulate different body movements. This activity helps learn how to relate to objects and people.
- Listening Skills: Help your child to recognize when the sounds start and stop. Listening is the first step to understanding and is an important skill in school.
- Cooperative Play: Work together! If you see your child’s tissue starting to fall, help them to catch it. Your child will then learn to do the same for you! Practicing cooperative play also helps prepare children for cooperative learning.
For more therapeutic summer activities, be sure to sign your child up for ELG’s immersive Summer Program! ELG’s experienced specialists have designed each activity to target and enhance different areas, from social skills and self-regulation to motor skills and sensory integration. Registration is on a weekly basis. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register or for more information.
Summer Program Dates: July 8, 2019 – August 2, 2019
Fee: 6000 RMB / Week (Tax included)
Address: ELG Puxi Campus, No.19-20, Lane 209, ZhenNan Road, Putuo District, Shanghai 200333, China